Adventure in San Juan!

Hello everyone!  Here is a recent mini adventure.
  I got up late around twelve noon, and realized I was the only one home.  My aunt was at work, and my cousin had gone off to shadow an operations manager that he sister knew well.  Business management will be his new major in the fall.  My cousin called me around three in the afternoon to notify me of his return.  He then asked what I had in mind to do, because he expected me to have something in mind seeing that I was stuck in the house all day.  I explained to him I was working on my blog, and watching "PLL" reruns so I hadn't planned on going out.  I ended the conversation by saying that I would have something in mind by the time he got home. 

He arrived at the house, and I still had no idea what to do.  He called up a friend to see if he could come along to where ever we were going, but he couldn't.  He told me he had called a few other friends, but since it was a Tuesday, a lot of people were working.  So what happens next?  My cousin asked me one final time what I want to do.  That time I had an answer.  I wanted to go to the beach near the Marriot Condado in San Juan.  He said that it sounded like a good idea.  We got all our beach related necessities ready to head out to San Juan. 
Once we made it to San Juan about 30 minutes later, the challenge was no longer what to do, but rather, where to park.  Once we found a parking spot we started walking down the beach.  We walked all the way to the end until we hit this rock platform area were there was a workout class taking place.  We stood there for a bit until we decided to see if we could go swimming in one of the hotels. 

The closest hotel was the Ritz Carlton. We looked around to check if the guests had wristbands on indicating they were guest.  We realized no one did, and continued to walk right off the beach and into the pool area.  I speak English well, and my cousin has an accent, but his accent isn't too thick.  We made sure to speak English, and act like we were guest.  It was the funniest thing!  We even walked into the actual hotel from the pool area while speaking English.  Then we came back out of the hotel so it would look certain that we were guest!  We swam and hung out in the beautiful pool area.  I took pictures, videos, and snap chats of just about everything (including the hotel bathroom).

 After some time of being in the pool we decided we were hungry.  I told my cousin that we should go to the famous hamburger place in Viejo San Juan, and he said we could.  I headed to the bathroom inside the hotel to change.  This was when I snap chatted pictures of the bathroom.  It was beautiful! 

After I changed I headed back to the pool area to meet my cousin.  We walked to the car, and were quickly off to Viejo San Juan.  We made it to the burger joint, and ate very simple Swiss cheese burgers with a side of fries, a pepsi, and a Medalla.  Medalla is the official beer of Puerto Rico.  To be honest, I felt kind of cool being asked for my ID when I ordered alcohol.  I quickly realized that hamburger and beer (at least Medalla) do not go well together.  Luckily my cousin was nice enough to share his Pepsi.  I decided to take the beer and sit by the beach to finish it.  My cousin and I sat by the edge of the rocks from where you could see the beach.  My cousin then decides to say,"You know if there is an earthquake, we are kind of screwed."  I asked him if he really had to say that while we were sitting on the edge of a cliff.  He suddenly went on a rant about earthquakes, and the environment.  I stopped listening after sometime, and just enjoyed the beautiful view.  We decided to head back home, and call it a night.  This was a great mini adventure, and I hope to have many more to share with all of you!  Talk to you all soon!
 
In San Juan on our way to the beach!


I just love the buildings! 

Driving up to the beach


Walking towards the beach!

Playa!!! 

Yaaaay!

Ritz Carlton from the beach!  We walked in through there.

Further down the beach! 

Ritz Carlton San Juan!

Standing at te chair where we put our things

In the pool! 

Walking to the bathroom to change!

In the bathroom!  Haha. The music was so loud.

The stalls are even beautiful!

Walking out of the bathroom.  Haha sorry this hotel was just very pretty. 

The Hamburger place in Viejo San Juan.

Walking into the restaurant.

Food is ready! Two Swiss burgers a side of fries that we split, a Pepsi, and a Medalla.



Finishing by the beach!

Viejo San Juan.  You can see part of El Morro in the pic! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment